Tips for Taking Pictures of Christmas Lights
Getting a good picture of your christmas lights isn't always easy. Follow these tips for the best results.
- Turn off the flash!
- Mount your camera on a tripod or something stable
- Take pictures during twilight
- Try using the camera's timer so you don't move the camera as you push the shutter button
Modern digital cameras are 2 to 8 megapixels. The pictures that they take are sometimes larger than 2 MB in size which is too large for us to handle. We only accept pictures that are less than 2 MB. You can make your pictures smaller by doing one of the following.
More Information from the Web
How to Take Great Photos of Holiday Lights
How to Easily Resize Photos in Windows XP (Requires free software from Microsoft)
- Set your camera to take pictures at 640 X 480 pixels before you take a picture
- Resize the pictures you've already taken. Use the photo-editing software that came with your camera. Resize the picture to 640 X 480 pixels or smaller. We show your picture at 320 X 240 pixels so resizing your picture to exactly 320 X 240 pixels will give you the best results.
Add a Christmas Wonderland Listing
Back to the map...
Show the world your Christmas lights in less than 5 minutes